What’s happening in your neighborhood
We are replacing 12 miles of natural gas lines in Ramsey County for the Northeast Metro Natural Gas Project.
Construction began in spring 2019 and is expected to be completed in fall 2022:
- Phase 1 (2019) — Century Avenue, south of Larpenteur Avenue, to County Road B and Prosperity Road.
- Phase 2 (2020) — County Road B and Prosperity Road to County Road B and Rice Street.
- Phase 3 (2021) — County Road B and Rice Street to County Road B and Lexington Avenue.
- Phase 4 (2022) — County Road B and Lexington Avenue to County Road C and Hamline Avenue.
This work is our commitment to system revitalization, allowing us to continue to provide you safe, reliable service. It will support community growth and enhance resiliency during extreme weather.
We will install the natural gas lines in two ways.
- Open trenching involves diffing a trench and placing the line in the trench.
- Boring uses a bore machine to create an underground pathway through which the line is pulled or drilled.
Before placing natural gas lines into a trench or bore, sections of pipe are welded together and inspected by x-ray. Click here to see a graphic of open trenching and boring construction processes.
We will notify landowners, businesses and residents prior to the start of construction.
Construction & Restoration
During construction, you may notice:
- Marking of utility lines and utility survey holes.
- Road and sidewalk closures.
- Traffic control.
- Parking restrictions.
- Potential access changes.
- Construction noise.
We work to reduce construction-related inconveniences and will temporarily restore work areas following natural gas line installation. Final restoration will occur when conditions allow.
We are coordinating with the Roseville Post Office to ensure your mail delivery is maintained during construction.
We are also coordinating with your trash and recycling company so regular pickups continue during construction.